About Elan B. Singer, MD
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon serving Manhattan & NYC
Elan B. Singer, MD is a highly skilled and qualified doctor of plastic surgery in Manhattan, NY. Dr. Singer is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He received his plastic and reconstructive surgery training at The Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City before continuing his training in cosmetic surgery. Dr. Singer undertook a fellowship in aesthetic surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital and the prestigious Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, where he worked with the leading surgeons in the field.
Dr. Singer offers his patients expertise across all aspects of plastic and reconstructive surgery for the body, face and breast. His specialist skills in plastic surgery in Manhattan, NY include body contouring procedures such as abdominoplasty, breast augmentation, breast lift, body lift and liposuction, as well as procedures for post-bariatric surgery patients. Dr. Singer also has specific training in the latest facial aesthetic surgery techniques.
Dr. Singer has performed reconstructive surgery on patients from all over the world, often during surgical missions to foreign countries. He is a commissioned officer in the Navy Reserve and performs monthly surgeries at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD.
Following is a full list of Dr. Singer’s credentials, certifications, memberships and charitable works. It offers an overview of why Dr. Singer is such a sought-after practitioner of plastic surgery in Manhattan, NY.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- New York State Society of Plastic Surgeons
- New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Association of Military Surgeons of the United States
- American College of Surgeons
- Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, MD
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY
- The Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY
- North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY
Schools and Fellowships:
- Medical School: The University of Vermont College of Medicine
- Residency: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, The Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York
- Fellowship: Aesthetic Surgery, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Surgical mission to Vietnam, 2016
- Surgical mission to Haiti, 2010
- Surgical mission to Nigeria, 2005
- Commander, Medical Corps, United States Navy Reserve
Chun J, Singer E, Kong A, Phelps R, Weltz C. Desmoplastic amelanotic melanoma in an irradiated burn scar. Dermatol Surg. 2006;32(1):161-4.
Singer EB, Hyman N, Osler T. Reducing Local Recurrence After Rectal Cancer Resection: Is Previous Training the Way to Certify Proficiency? J Pelvic Surgery. 2002;8(6):311-313.
Khoshyomn S, Lew S, DeMattia J, Singer EB, Penar PL. Brain tumor invasion rate measured in vitro does not correlate with Ki-67 expression. J Neurooncol. 1999;45(2):111-6.